Christmas Celebration 2011

Christmas Celebration 2011
First time I was introduced to the subculture of the International Institute of R.I.

Monday, November 25, 2013

Using Ethnopetics With Transcripts

Here is an ethnopoem , which is basically a poem comprised of my interviewees words. In this poem I have compile some bits and pieces together using Suiata's words, who is a refugee from Nepal; she arrived to the USA in August. I think you would get to know a bit about the subculture I'm studying through this short ethnopoem.

Nepali people originated from Nepal.
The Bhutanese government came to Nepal at the time, a century ago,
And the government just took the Nepali, from Nepal to Bhutan.
Nepali population grew big in Bhutan.
The Bhutanese people are Buddhist, Rupert Buddhist.
They forced the Nepali to follow their religion,
Nepali, they don't like the Buddhist religion,
Because of the Religion there is war in Bhutan.
Is unbearable for the Nepali people,
The Nepali people leave their native land and move to Nepal.
We stay in a refugee camp for a long time,
I stay in Nepal for 23 years.
Its a miserable life, not difficult, but we call miserable no?
Some people went outside to gain money, in a local area,
Some they work in a farm,
Some went outside and construct buildings.
It's a difficult life.
We have to live in a crowd area,
In a small house like cottage.
Many people have to use one water tap.
In winter also, there is no heat provided.
When I reach here I felt happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment