Christmas Celebration 2011

Christmas Celebration 2011
First time I was introduced to the subculture of the International Institute of R.I.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013




This video is one of the performances done the first time I visited the International Institute of RI. My High School always donates Christmas presents for them, and luckily that year my senior class was picked to be the one to hand out the gifts. Even though we were the ones  there to make their lives a bit happier, they were the ones who unknowingly made a big impact in my life.  
These people captivated me with their enthusiasm, and smiles. Even though they were all mostly new to the USA, and barely spoke english they tried their best to communicate with my friends and me, they were amicable, and they didn't let the fact of their complicated lives get in the way of sharing their excitement. This is the reason why I decided to do my fieldwork about the International Institute, because I want to gain a better understanding of their subculture. 


No comments:

Post a Comment